Health consequences of being overweight
We all know there are problems that come with being overweight and it is sad to say that many people in today’s looks/obsessed society tend to think that being over weight is just a bad fashion statement, more than that many people think that it is just the person being lazy and not caring what they look like.
I think its time that we clear up a few things and most of all help out a few others get to a healthy weight.
There are many reason that people become over weight and one of the main reason is that after a person reaches a center weight they begin to loss a lot of self worth and stop caring about their looks without fear of what this could do to their health.
After reaching a higher than normal weight it becomes a lot easier to become even more over weight, and harder and harder to lose that weight.
If you are over weight, please look at this list of problems that can affect you if you do not get your weight under control!
- Heart Disease
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- High Blood Pressure
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Cholesterol problems (leading to heart disease)
- Elevated LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and triglycerides levels
- Lowered beneficial HDL (“good”) cholesterol levels,
- Type 2 Diabetes (the kind you develop rather than are born with)
- Cancers (prostate, gallbladder, colorectal, breast, endometrial and kidney)
- Liver problems (such as an enlarged liver, cirrhosis or a fatty liver)
- Gastroesophageal (“Acid”) Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Sleep Apnea (Snoring and difficulty breathing while sleeping)
- Asthma Shallow breathing (Pickwickian syndrome which can lead to heart disease)
- Gallstones (in women)
- Reproductive problems (irregular periods, increased birth defects, especially neural tube defects, and an increased risk of death of the mother and baby).
- Memory and learning problems (in men)
Yes, this is a long list and none of it should be taken lightly. The good news is, you dont have to stay over weight and most of all you can change it. With New Years coming up fast it is the perfect time to set your goals height and get your weight problem under control.
If you need help and dont know where to start please feel free to contact us anytime and we will answer your questions.